OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: BAS Technician (Electrical Controls), LES-7; FP-7
(This position is budgeted for the Local Compensation Plan)
OPENING DATE: October 16, 2012
CLOSING DATE: October 30, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: P 382,034 / annum (Starting salary)
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Maintains and troubleshoots all electrical control systems to key
building automated equipment throughout Embassy compounds and
grounds. Configures, optimizes, and repairs hardware and
associated peripherals. Installs, operates, maintains, repairs,
and performs preventive maintenance inspection of the electrical
control systems and equipment to determine maintenance, repair or
replacements. Consults with the Facility Manager and Building
Engineer on the identification and repair solutions of electrical
control problems and solutions. Provides annual condition
inspections (AIS) on all systems and advises the Facility Manager
and Building Engineer in writing of problems and recommendations.
Provides detailed shop drawings and specifications for all
maintenance, repair and major rehabilitation work. Follows a
stringent, detailed electrical control preventive maintenance
program produced by the Work Orders for Windows (WOW) program and
completes all work in accordance with manufacturer’s
installation, repair and operational instructions. Assists with
the preparation of repair/replacement designs, bill of materials
and cost estimates for in-house or contractor accomplishment.
Performs preventive maintenance.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education and experience
A.) Completion of high school and post-secondary vocational schooling in Electrical Controls or Automated Systems technology AND three years of experience as an Electrical Controls Technician with digital building control system knowledge is required.
B.) Completion of high school AND five years of experience as an Electrical Controls Technician with digital building control system knowledge is required.
2. Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading English and Tagalog language is required.
3. Knowledge of building electrical control systems, devices and control wiring is required. Knowledge of building electrical automated systems and direct digital control technology, general knowledge of the structure, design, and operation of building electrical control systems are required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family
Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold appropriate
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B below for more information); plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit
documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Chancery Annex Building, Room 300
American Embassy Manila
Telephone: (632)301-2000 ext. 5169
Fax: (632)301-2399, Attention: HR Office
E-mail: email@example.com (please send as an MS Word attachment)